About the Polk Audio RC85i
The value-packed RC85is are ideal for the left, right, and surround channels of an in-wall home theater. They’re also great for a music system without any visual clutter. Each RC85i is equipped with an 8″ woofer and a swiveling 1″ tweeter. Together they deliver full, clear sound for movies, music, sports, and video games.
Here’s a tip I learned when installing my own in-wall speakers. If you’re placing the RC85is six feet or higher on your wall, turn them upside down so that the tweeter is at the bottom. Then, aim the tweeter towards your seat. You’ll get better high-frequency detail since the tweeter is closer to ear level.
If this is a do-it-yourself installation, check out our guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. Optional pre-construction brackets are recommended for new construction. Free lifetime technical support is provided with every Crutchfield purchase.
- ideal for stereo music or the left and right front or surround channels of a home theater
- 8″ woofer and 1″ swivel-mount tweeter
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- recommended amplification: 20 to 100 watts
- outside dimensions: 10-1/16W” x 14-1/8″H
- cutout dimensions: 8-11/16″W x 12-3/4″H
- mounting depth: 3-1/2″
- includes paintable white matte grilles
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AW0085-B
What’s in the box:
Polk Audio RC85i owner’s manual
- 2 White in-wall speakers
- 2 White grilles
- 1 Cardboard Mounting Template
- Owner’s Manual
- Online registration sheet
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-100|
There are no reviews yet.