About the Polk Audio 80 F/X-LS
These speakers will really make a scene
Whether it’s the chirp of crickets outside that deceptively serene cabin, or the roar of an alien ship flyover, a carefully crafted movie soundtrack sets the mood like nothing else can. While the Polk 80F/X-LS surround speakers fill your room with vibrant sound effects, they virtually vanish into the ceiling.
These stealthy speakers are designed specifically to produce an enveloping rear soundstage, each one equipped with dual offset 3/4″ ring-radiator tweeters and an 8″ woofer. Dual bandpass bass ports reinforce the angled woofer’s lows for surprising bass from this compact design.
Meet the rest of the family
These speakers match well with Polk’s floor-standing and bookshelf speakers, and they can join in harmony with other members of the “Vanishing” LS speaker family. That means you can put together a system mixing custom-installed and more traditional “box” speakers.
An optional in-ceiling bracket is recommended for installing the 80 F/X-LS speaker in a home with new construction.
Most speakers don’t include any. Learn more about in-wall wiring.
Shop our selection of in-wall speaker wire.
- sold in pairs
- frequency response 45-29,000 Hz (-3dB)
- dual 3/4″ ring-radiator tweeters
- 8″ Dynamic Balance® woofer
- dual-port bandpass enclosure for better bass response
- handles up to 125 watts
- sensitivity 88 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- wall distance switch for flexible mounting
- paintable Sheer-Grille™ for stealth installation
- cutout: 9-3/8″ diameter
- mounting depth: 5-1/8″
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AW8002-A
What’s in the box:
Polk Audio 80 F/X-LS owner’s manual
- 2 Round in-ceiling surround speakers (separate left and right speakers)
- 2 White metal grilles
- Mounting template
- Owner’s Manual
- “Fitting the Grille to the Wall” label (attached to bag)
- Online Registration Card
- Polk Audio product brochure
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Pair|
|Woofer Composition||Aerated Polypropylene|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-125|