About the Definitive Technology CS-9080
Feel the power
Intense, high-powered bass from a center channel speaker? Preposterous! Unless, of course, it’s Definitive Technology’s mighty CS-9080. Unlike conventional center channel speakers, the CS-9080 boasts an 8″ subwoofer coupled to a 10″ passive radiator and driven by a built-in 300-watt amplifier. It clearly renders all the dialogue and vocal nuances of your favorite actors while ensuring that any special effects anchored to your screen are delivered with full bass impact. Get ready for dynamic performance and a riveting home theater thrill ride.
High-tech drivers for exceptionally detailed sound
The CS-9080 has two 5-1/4″ midrange drivers flanking a 1″ dome tweeter, for perfectly blended highs and mids. The aluminum dome tweeter is heat-treated to relax the crystal structure of the metal, then attached to a silk surround to help produce crisp, sparkling highs without a trace of harshness. And thanks to Definitive’s Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) driver design, which places a surround on both the outer and inner edge of the speaker cone to help it remain more stable as it moves, movie dialogue and special effects will sound clear, never muddy.
Build a complete Definitive home theater system using perfectly matched bipole towers (see the BP-9020, BP-9040, BP-9060, and BP-9080X) and surrounds (see the SR-9040 and SR-9080).
Did you know?
Your new speakers will probably sound better after several weeks of use than they do right out of the box. That’s because the material surrounding the woofers will loosen up, allowing the drivers to move more fully. Definitive Technology estimates a break-in period of 24 to 48 hours of playback before the speakers will deliver optimum sound quality. For more information and helpful tips, check out this article from Definitive’s website about conditioning your speakers.
- built-in powered subwoofer with volume control
- Intelligent Bass Control provides precise bass level adjustments while maintaining accurate midrange tonal balance
- Balanced Dual Surround System (BDSS) driver technology places rubber surrounds on both the outer and inner edges of each speaker cone for improved control and clarity
- dual 5-1/4″ BDSS mid/bass drivers for clear, accurate dialogue
- one 1″ annealed aluminum dome tweeter with silk surround for smooth, extended highs
- upward-firing 8″ powered subwoofer with built-in 300-watt amplifier
- upward-firing 10″ passive radiator for enhanced bass output
- bass reflex (passive radiator) cabinet design
- frequency response: 24-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: compatible with 8-ohm outputs
- recommended amplifier power: 50-300 watts
- one set of 5-way binding posts
- LFE line-level input (optional) for subwoofer
- speaker-level-only connections recommended for optimum performance
- LED illuminated front “D” logo (with rear-panel defeat switch)
- cloth grille-wrapped enclosure with aluminum trim rings
- 23-1/16″W x 7″H x 16-1/4″D
- warranty: 5 years speaker, 3 years electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KEAA-A
What’s in the box:
Definitive Technology CS-9080 owner’s manual
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 6.5′ AC power cord
- Owner’s Manual
- “What Obsession Sounds Like” card
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||8|
|Connector Type||5-Way post, RCA|
|Frequency Response||24-40k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
There are no reviews yet.